Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm not really sure what to write here, so I guess I'm just going to do a reflection of my experiences in this course.

Going into this class, I had high hopes for myself. I planned on doing all my work studiously because it was summer, and I had a lot more free time than I did at school. Unfortunately, I did not factor in random things that life can throw at me. One thing, for example, was how tired I would be after a day's work, and how the last thing I wanted to do when I came home was homework. I tried pushing through it, but I always ended up saving things until the last minute because I've got a terrible habit of doing so.

I like having the ability to work at my own pace (within the due dates, of course) because I only have myself to blame if I don't do something on time, or if I wait until the last minute. This class did however go by a lot faster than I originally thought it would, so that really put things into perspective when I realized in week 4 or so that my time would soon be up to make any improvements.

Despite my own shortcomings, I did learn a lot from this class. Every time I take a class, especially those in my major, I feel like I gain a stronger ability to look at things in different ways, and, as obvious as this may be, in a more educated way. My experiences in this learning environment will only help me improve on my abilities to work independently, and I am glad that I learned a lot.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the class was a challenge for you in ways beyond the subject material--that's a REALLY important insight! Online courses are indeed a different kind of environment, and they require a LOT of discipline to stay on track in terms of time... But I think it's cool you did this while you were at BSU--I believe that this mode of learning (and working!) will only increase in the coming years, and going into new experiences with this prior experience will benefit you, no doubt.

    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete